BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
BSNL TTA Exam Syllabus
PART-I: GENERAL ABILITY TEST
The candidate’s comprehension & understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercise such as provision of antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks & multiple-choice exercises etc.This shall also include questions on current events, general knowledge and such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of Diploma holder.
PART -II: BASIC ENGINEERING
1. Applied Mathematics:
- Co-ordinate Geometry; Vector Algebras, Matrix & Determinant ;Differential calculus ; Integral calculus, Differential equation of second order; Fourier Series; Laplace Transform; Complex Number; Partial Differentiation.
- Measurement-Units & Dimensions; Waves,Acoustics,Ultrasonic;Light; Laser & its Applications; Atomic Structure and Energy Levels.
3. Basic Electricity:
- Electrostatics,coulomb’s law,Electric field,Gauss’s theorem,concept of potential difference ;concept of capacitance & capacitors;Ohm‘s law,power energy, Kirchoff’s voltage & current laws & their applications in simple DC circuits; Basic Magnetism; Electro Magnetism; Electromagnetic induction; Concept of alternating voltage & current; cells and Batteries ; Voltage and Current Sources; Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem and their applications.
4.Electronic Devices and Circuits:
- Classification of materials into conductor ,semi conductor, insulator etc. electrical properties,magnetic materials,various types of relays,switches & connectors. Conventional representation of electric & electronic circuit elements. Active & Passive components;semi conductors Physics;Semi Conductor Diode; Bipolar Transistor & their circuits; Transistor Biasing & Stabilization of operating point; Single stage transistor amplifier;field effect transistor, Mosfet circuit applications. Multistage Transistor Amplifier; Transistor Audio Power Amplifiers; Feedback in Amplifier; Sinusoidal Oscillators; tuned Voltage Amplifier; Opto Electronics Devices & their applications;Operational Amplifier; wave shaping and switching circuits.Block diagram of I.C timer(such as 555) and its working; Multivibrator circuits; Time base circuits; Thyristors and UJT; Regulated Power Supply.
- Applications and advantages of digital systems; number system(binary & hexadecimal); Logic Gates; Logic Simplification; Codes and Parity; Arithmetic Circuits; Decoders. Display Devices and Associated Circuits; Multiplexers and De-multiplexers; Latches and Flip Flops; Counters; Shift Register; Memories; A/D and D/A converters.
- 3 phase vs single phase supply, Star Delta Connections, relation between phase & line voltage, power factor and their measurements; construction and principles of working of various types of electrical measuring instruments, all types of motor and generator-AC & DC transformers, starters, rectifiers, invertors, battery charges, batteries, servo & stepper motors, contactor control circuits, switch gear, relays, protection devices & schemes, substation,protection relaying,circuit breaker,generator protection, transformer protection, feeder & lightening protection,feeder & bus bar protection, lightening arrestor, earthing, voltage stabilizer & regulators, power control devices & circuits, phase controlled rectifiers, invertors, choppers, dual converters, cyclo converters; power electronics application in control of drivers, refrigeration & air conditioning.
- Modulation & demodulations-principles & operation of various types of AM, FM and PM modulators/demodulators; pulse modulation-TDM,PAM,PPM,PWM; Multiplexing, Principles and applications of PCM.Introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication system; coding error detection and correction techniques; Digital Modulation Techniques-ASK,ICW, FSK, SK; Characteristics/ working of data transmission circuits; UART,USART; Modems; Protocols and their functions, brief idea of ISDN interfaces, local area Network; Carrier telephony-Features of carrier telephone system. Microwave Engineering; Microwave Devices; Waveguides; Microwave Components; Microwave antennas; Microwave Communication System-Block diagram & working principles of microwave communication link.
3.Network, Filters and Transmission Lines:
- Two point network,Attenuator;Filters; Transmission Lines and their applications; characteristic impedance of line; concept of reflection and standing waves on transmission line; Transmission line equation; Principle of impedance matching; Bandwidth consideration of transmission line.
4.Instruments and Measurements:
- Specification of instruments-accuracy, precision, sensitivity, resolution range. Error in measurement and loading effect; Principles of voltage, current and resistance measurement; Transducers, measurement of displacement & strain, force & torque measuring devices, flow of measuring devices, power control devices & circuits. Types of AC milli voltmeters-Amplifier rectifier amplifier: Block diagram explanation of a basic CRO & a triggered sweep oscilloscope, front panel controls; Impedance Bridges & Q-Meters. Principles of working & specification of logic probes, signal analyzer and logic analyzer, signal generator, distortion factor meter, spectrum analyzer.
- Basic elements of control system ,open & closed loop system, concepts of feedback. Block diagram of control system, Time lag,hysterisis linearity concepts; Self regulating & non self regulating control systems.Transfer function of simple control components, single feedback configuration. Time response of systems.Stability Analysis; Characteristics equation. Routh’s table, Nyquist Criterion, Relative stability, phase margin and gain margin.Routh Harwitz criterion; Root Locus technique, Bode plot, Power plot, gain margin and phase margin.
- Typical organization of microcomputer system & functions of its various blocks, Architecture of a Microprocessor; Memories and I/O Interfacing; Brief idea of M/C & assembly languages,Machines and Mnemonic codes; Instructions format and Addressing mode; concept Instruction set; programming exercises in assembly language; concept of interrupt; Data transfer techniques-sync data transfer, async data transfer, interrupt driven data transfer,DMA, serial output data, serial input data.
- Computers & its working,types of computers,familiarization with DOS & windowconcept of file, directory, folder, Number Systems; Data Communication. Programming-Elements of a high level programming language,PASCAL,C;use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture, Processor design, control unit design; Memory organization. I/O System Organization. Microprocessor-microprocessor architecture, instruction set and simple assembly level programming. Microprocessor based system design: typical examples. Personal computers & their typical uses, data communication principles, types and working principles of modems,Network principles, OSI model, functions of data link layer and network layer, networking components; communication protocol-x.25, TCP/IP.
8.Database Management System:
- basic concepts, entity relationship model, relational model, DBMS based on relational model.
META TAGS:-BSNL TTA EXAM SYLLABUS I BSNL TELECOM TECHNICAL ASSISTANT EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA COMPLETE EXAM SYLLABUS I BSNL TTA QUESTION PAPERS I TTA LATEST EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA ENGINEERING SYLLABUS I TTA GENERAL ABILITY EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA GENERAL ENGINEERING EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA LATEST EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA COMPLETE SYLLABUS I TTA COMPUTER SYLLABUS I TTA ELECTRONICS SYLLABUS I TTA ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SYLLABUS I TTA COMMUNICATION SYLLABUS I TTA DIGITAL ELECTRONICS EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA CONTROL SYSTEM EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA HIMACHAL-PRADESH CIRCLE EXAM SYLLABUS I TTA COMPLETE PREPARATION KIT I TTA PREPARATION TIPS I